Thursday, August 29, 2013

Carthage Jail

 These turkey vultures were on the silo outside of Jeff and Pam's house in AOA. We saw them everywhere!
 On the way to Carthage and Nauvoo, we saw this snapping turtle slowly walking through the grass. So, of course we had to stop so Kyle could pick it up! It was quite the ordeal to get him picked up! These buggers are really fast when they snap! I was shocked!

 Statue of Hyrum and Joseph Smith outside of Carthage Jail
 The window that Joseph fell through as he was shot
 This is the desk that was used to record the happenings while they were in Carthage.
 The bullet hole in the door



The sweet sister missionary that guided the tour through Carthage Jail asked us why we thought that the Lord would preserve Carthage Jail when so many other buildings were destroyed or falling apart. It was interesting to think about why that would be. Kyle and I left the boys with Grandpa and Grandma Gibson while we visited Carthage Jail and Nauvoo because it was 3 or 4 hours past AOA and the boys would not have survived another long trip in the car, and they were done being reverent in the places we had visited, so we enjoyed a quiet visit and felt the Spirit so strong! Can you think of a more perfect date? I loved experiencing this with Kyle. He continues to amaze me everyday and I can't get enough time with him!

0 comments: