Wednesday, August 10, 2011

July Recap!


July was crazy!! We started it off with a bang! July 1st, Cooper Jeffrey Gibson joined our family. Then we had the fun 4th of July festivities. My mom and sisters took Josh and Trevin to the parade in Idaho Falls. Obviously, Kyle, Cooper and I stayed home. We met up with the rest of my family at my Grandpa Hanson's home in Idaho Falls for the rest of the days activities: barbeque and fireworks.
This was while we were playing in my grandpa's backyard with the boys.Being boys, they were playing with sticks. Trevin insisted on having this "stick" which is a tree trunk. He begged and begged me to pull it out for him but I told him to do it. Funny boy...oh, how I love him!

At one week old, Cooper rolled over from his tummy to his back three times in a row. (Sorry, I couldn't get the video to load.) a picture will have to do!

On Friday, July 15, we moved into a rental house in Menan. This is the boys playing in their little slice of heaven, aka, the backyard! We have almost 2 acres for them to roam, complete with a huge raspberry patch, over 20 apple trees, 2-3 peach trees, apricot tree, plum tree. Wow! I have been learning to can! (21 pints of rapsberry jam, 14 quarts of raspberry pie filling so far!). We also have 8 chickens that lay eggs for us to eat! Not to mention the 4 bedroom, 2 bath home for us to enjoy!

Here is Trevin with his bowl of raspberries. He would pick them and put them in the bowl, then carry the bowl around and eat them. He loves them!! I asked him one day while we were picking, if he wanted to put them in my bowl. Of course, he told me no and continued to eat them. Boy after my own heart!!

Josh and Trevin were stamping one day. We found this on Trevin and Josh had a little bit on his face. Kyle asked them if they stamped on their skin. Well, of course Trevin said, "I didn't stamp on my skin!" Oh really! Here is the proof!


Overall, we have loved our July, as crazy as it was! We had lots of fun and are enjoying the rest of our summer as well! More pictures to come when Cooper will cooperate again!!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Looks like lots of fun! I'm glad you're enjoying your new place in Menan! Showing off your yard like that is practically an invitation! I think you've nominated yourself to have a backyard BBQ! :)

The Bateman Clan said...

What an amazing house you have!!! lucky girl!! Such cute pics, your new little man is so cute