Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sturgeon Fishing!!

These are the 2 sturgeon that I have caught. The one above was a couple of weeks ago and it was 18 inches long. Very small for a sturgeon, but hey, at least I caught one right?! Not really much of a fight though!

And here is reeling in today's sturgeon! I would reel him in a little ways and he would run back out. This went on for about 40 minutes before...

I finally got him to the shore! And boy, was I exhausted! It was freezing outside, but I had to take my coat off because I was working so hard and was hot!!


More reeling...notice how much the pole is bent...it is a pretty long pole, not your average fishing pole! And yes, I did reel him in myself!

And here he is. . . all 9 feet of him! He was huge. I think that my little boys thought I was crazy for climbing in the water with him, but that is half of the fun! I had to get a picture with my fish!! Wow! What more can I say? It was an awesome adventure, one that I will never forget!! Thanks Kyle for taking me fishing! Love You!




6 comments:

Rick and Collette said...

Wow! I just commented on facebook but I still can't get over this. That fish is so huge! You go girl!

David and Melissa Belnap said...

Holy Fish!!! Wow! That is pretty awsome!! Yay for you!!! :)

Annie Bingham said...

You are the woman! I wish I could eat some! I'm surprised he didn't pull you in with him!

Kristen said...

Wowza!! I can't believe you reeled it in by yourself!! You go girl!

Elaina said...

WOW! Awesome job super woman fisher!!

Laurel said...

HOLY COW!! Thats a fish and not a shark!? I would be terrified of that thing! Way to go!