Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Goodbye June!!

Whew! June has been crazy!! The boys and I spent the majority of the month in Rigby. My sister, Mandy, who lives in North Dakota, has been here, so we spent a lot of time with her. Her oldest child and only daughter, Lexi, was baptized at the beginning of the month, so we were there for that. The boys and I stayed that next week to spend time with them. We came home for a week and a half and then we were back out of town. Kyle got to come for a couple of days. We went to Cody, Wyoming for Kyle's cousin's wife's baptism, Emma. On the way there, we went through Yellowstone National Park. We saw lots and lots of Buffalo (big surprise), but on the way home through the park, we got to see a grizzly bear and her 3 cubs. That was really fun to see. We also saw bighorn sheep as they disappeared into the trees, but couldn't get a picture.

Can I just say that I love my new camera?! We were quite a bit away, but I was able to zoom in enough to get pretty clear pictures! You can't see all the cubs in this picture, but there were 3.

There were buffalo everywhere, and even tons of babies. They were pretty cute, if you can call buffalo cute...

Josh is sword fighting his Great Grandpa Dalton with sticks. My boys were happy the entire trip, as long as they had a stick in their hands.


While we were in Cody, we had to go fishing, of course! They caught really big trout all day. This was Kyle's biggest one. The boys had fun reeling them in as well!

In the brief time that we were home, we did find time to play and have fun outside. What better way to beat the heat than to play in the sprinklers? They had a ball. All Josh wanted to do was drink from the sprinkler, but hey, they had fun right?

We even found time for a bike ride while we were home. I honestly though that death was at my door while on this bike ride, but I survived, the boys had fun, and Kyle was able to scout out a fishing hole, so the trip was a success. Poor Trevin was exhausted as you can see!

Well, after we went to Cody, Kyle came home to work and the boys and I stayed in Rigby for another week to get ready for my brother, Brian's wedding the following Saturday, June 26. We got the wedding stuff done and were able to enjoy the beautiful ceremony. Sorry, I don't have pictures of that, but will post some when I get some from him. Then, we travelled down to Pleasant Grove, UT to spend a couple of days with my sister, Megan. We had tickets to the midnight showing of "Eclipse" and to a party before the movie at Pirate Island, a restaurant in Orem. It was a blast, except the tickets for the movie were assigned and we were the lucky ones that got to sit on the very front row. Ya, needless to say, I need to see the movie again!





0 comments: