
October 4, 1988 - March 18, 2012
We have been so greatly blessed to have been able to have Brian in our lives. I miss him terribly and will never forget the countless things that he has done for me and for our family. Words cannot come close to describing his impact on many of our lives. He was my teasing buddy from the day he was born. We were always jumping out from behind things to scare each other, pulling any kind of prank we could think of. We would even sneak into the bathroom when the other was in the shower to throw a pitcher full of ice cold water over the top curtain. We had countless laughs and often found ourselves in trouble together. I remember one time, we were both fighting and were going to get a spank. Well, I refused to go to mom to get mine and ended up earning 10. After I got all of them, he ran up and said, "I only want one!"
We took a trip to South Dakota as a family and rode there in the back of our white suburban. Throughout the trip, I was taking all kinds of pictures of the cool places we had been. When I developed the film, all that I had were pictures of Brian and the back of the suburban because he had gotten ahold of my camera and used all the film without me knowing. He was probably about 5 years old.
As we have grown, I have gone to him with all kinds of problems and there wansn't one that he couldn't fix. He changed the oil in my car while I was in college. He could always tell me what the sound meant that my car was making and would often fix it. I never had to worry about the quality of his work because he always did it right. I could trust him with anything. He has been an amazing example of love and service.
I have loved watching him play with my boys and tease them, build legos with them. He was such a wonderful father and husband. He was so cute to watch as he played with his little girl. Remmie may not remember her Daddy, but he loves her and it showed in the way that he took care of her.
I am so grateful for the gospel and to know that Brian is okay and that he is with the other loved ones that we have lost. I am grateful to know that we will be able to see him again. It may be a long time in our earthly persective, but it won't be long for him in his eternal perspective. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and for the tender mercies of the Lord. We have been greatly blessed in this time of sorrow. So many have been willing to give and be there for support.
I am so grateful that we have always said "I love you" at the end of every conversation, every text message, and before we left each other's company, every single time. It was never left to wonder if we loved each other. We all know how much we mean to each other.
I am also very grateful that through Brian, we have gained another sister and a beautiful neice. We love Jaime and Remmie so much and are grateful to still have them in our lives.
Brian, I love you so much and can't wait for the day when I can give you a great big hug and tell you that I love you in person. You are the best brother that I could have asked for. I will never forget you and all that you have done for me!
4 weeks ago
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing your memories, it is fun to hear more about Brian. Still thinking of your fam.
I can't imagine losing someone so close. At least you have thousands of sweet memories to keep you company until you get to see him again. Take care and know that I'm thinking of you.
I love that you posted this Shara! I admire you and your positive outlook, it is easier knowing the plan of salvation, but all the same, you are extrememly inspiring to me! I love that you always said 'I love you' how compforting to know that he knew! Jamie and Remmie are so lucky to have you guys! Little Remmie will know her Daddy because of his family and all the memories you guys will share with her! Not a day goes by that I don't still think of you guys! (Hugs)
Post a Comment